Accurate and Detailed CBCT 3D Imaging
For an exceptional patient experience at our state-of-the-art practice in Mount Pleasant, SC, we use the latest in 3D imaging technology. Cone Beam Computed Tomography, or CBCT, provides diagnostic images that are three-dimensional, high definition, and extremely accurate with the lowest level of radiation possible. With high-quality images that allow the teeth and jaws to be viewed from all angles, our patients can expect accurate diagnoses, efficient treatment plans, and optimal results. We typically perform 3D scanning during your consultation visit.
According to the FDA, CBCT scans are preferred over traditional X-rays because they deliver less radiation and provide more details than 2D X-ray images. Dr. Barefoot is fascinated with the ever-changing realm of technology and medicine, and he continuously undergoes training and education to further his understanding of new approaches.
Top Benefits of 3D CBCT Scanning
Because 3D scans are digital, they are extremely detailed and are viewable from all angles. Other benefits include:
- Less radiation exposure compared to traditional X-rays
- Improved diagnostic ability for efficient treatment planning
- Instant availability for your oral surgeon to view and share with other members of your care team
What Can You See With a CBCT Scan?
Oral surgeons utilizing CBCT scans are able to:
- Place dental implants with precision
- Determine whether bone grafting or a sinus lift is required for stable implant placement
- Determine the proximity of vital structures and eliminate any surprises during surgery
- Accurately measure bone and jaw deformities
- Detect cysts, tumors, or other pathologies